This week I’m joined by Dr. Katie T. Larson, PhD to discuss high sensitivity in depth and get down to what it truly means to be a highly sensitive person. Dr. Katie was originally a scientist and an educator: teaching students of all ages and working with scientists all over the world. When she discovered she was a HSP, suddenly everything made sense! Now through self-compassionate exploration and embodied practices she no longer feels ashamed of her challenges and truly embraces her Sensitivity. Today she works as a Growth and Transformation expert specializing in working with Empaths, Intuitives, and Highly Sensitive People.
Dr. Katie and I talk about:
- What high sensitivity feels like
- The importance of rest versus sleep as an HSP
- Highly sensitive traits
- Ways high sensitivity can feel helpful as well as hindering at times
- How to find out if you’re an HSP
- Tips to manage your sensitivities and balance/rewire your nervous system
- Recognizing the whispers (i.e. listening to your body) to prevent symptoms and stressors
Dr. Katie is a wife, mother, scientist, mentor, consultant, author, researcher, and storyteller as well as a certified Creative Depth Coach, and is training to become a Coach for Spiritual Emergence. She has been a TEDx speaker and her work has been featured on radio and television in Asia and North America.
Dr. Katie’s Book Recommendation:
Connect With Dr. Katie: