One of the many misconceptions about being an introvert is that we’re all quiet and shy, but if you’ve listened to this podcast for a while you’ll KNOW that’s not the case. This week’s guest is proof that even if you do consider yourself as shy, that doesn’t need to be your identity forever!
Laurie-Ann Murabito describes herself as a reformed painfully shy girl who accidentally became a professional speaker. One of the things I loved about our conversation is how Laurie-Ann uses stories to connect with her audience, and that’s something we can all implement straight away.
In this episode we talk about:
- How speaking (like anything in business) is a muscle you need to exercise
- Why being a sensitive introvert means you already have the soft skills needed to speak, either 1:1 or to a larger group
- Why being more confident as a speaker means you can talk about your business in a more engaging way
- Why speaking is the key to building relationships, whether that’s on social media, in a small group or on a stage
- How having a simple process for speaking helps you build confidence, remove emotion and improve each and every time
THIS WEEK’S GUEST:
Laurie-Ann’s book recommendation: Soundtracks by John Acuff
The book Emma-Louise mentioned: Presence by Patsy Rodenburg
CONNECT WITH LAURIE-ANN:
Podcast: Be In Demand with Laurie-Ann https://podfollow.com/1524969833
CONNECT WITH EMMA-LOUISE:
Facebook Group: The Ambitious Introvert® Network
Enjoyed this episode? Hit ‘subscribe’ and share it with other Ambitious Introverts who’ll appreciate it. Plus, leave a review for the podcast and you can win a FREE 45 minute coaching session as a thank you!
Grab every book recommendation from all of my amazing guests! These reads are guaranteed to provide heaps of value and help you grow your business. Sign up for the free list here http://theambitiousintrovert.com/readinglist
Interested in working with me 1:1? Fill out this form to start the conversation! https://bit.ly/2QQAwcx