In this episode I speak with Dr. Wendy O’Connor on the science of happiness. Yes, happiness is backed by science! Dr. Wendy O’Connor is a Positive Psychologist + Life Strategist for Women, an optimist, empath, and of course an ambitious introvert. Dr. Wendy creates life design roadmaps for women that feel lost and are ready to discover and create their happiest lives and empowers them to re-write their stories.
Dr. Wendy shares:
- Why she believes happiness is a journey AND a destination
- The evolution of happiness
- How to avoid introvert burnout
- How she works with her clients to find happiness in today and now versus waiting to reach an end goal
- The happiness score
- The importance of giving ourselves permission to feel happy, worthy, and purposeful in our lives
- How self-awareness can help us churn through our experiences without feeling knocked down or debilitated by what life throws at us
- Empowering shifts we can make in our lives to become happier
Dr. Wendy is a Stanford-educated psychologist focused on helping women overcome the obstacles that keep them feeling stuck and unfulfilled. She uses your strengths, values, and goals to map out a blueprint for your success.
“Happiness isn’t something that’s gifted to us. It really is something that we need to cultivate for ourselves.”
Dr. Wendy’s Book Recommendation for the Ambitious Introvert:
Connect With Dr. Wendy: